Monday, March 30, 2009

Funeral, Family and Fudge

Our last week has been so busy, but so wonderful. In the matter of weeks flights were booked, plans were made and family arrived to celebrate the life of Grandpa. His funeral was held on Saturday and it was beautiful. Someone there said to me that it was so nice to be at a happy funeral-she summed it up perfectly. It has been wonderful to meet the man I didn't know and celebrate a life well lived.
In addition, there has been KFC and fireworks, Chinese food on the porch, too too many ribs, beach trips and lots of laughing. Slowly people are beginning to go home but it has been wonderful to have everyone here. Life is going to be a little too quiet without all of you here! Visit again soon.

5 comments:

JujuBean said...

Thank you so much for hosting everyone. I know they all appreciated all the work you went to. And don't worry, the second wave is already planning its descent on the islands!

ali said...

It's so hard to leave :( Thanks for all your help, and for letting Axel borrow all of your stuff :)

Adam and Bri said...

I love our family. What an amazing weekend.

Thankfully for the Hallstrom girls, it's not over yet! See you tomorrow, Mel.

Erin said...

You just made me cry. I am not gone yet and I miss you all already. Love you.

ty and megs said...

thanks for posting this! it really was a great week!