Hope your holiday was filled with more treats than tricks.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Our little Holland has made it a year! Since we aren't crazy party people (and her birthday was on a Sunday) we just had a quiet dinner with family and woke her up in time to eat a little pie and open presents.
Here is what Holland is like at age one:
- total mommy's girl
- loves to cuddle, especially if she has her binkie and her blanket
- adores Bennett to no end
- just started pulling herself up to standing this week
- loves, loves, loves books
- a little too smart for my liking (she figured out how to open the DVD player months ago)
- not the most social baby, but has a great poker face
- eats pretty much anything, but prefers her carbs
- just a really sweet little girl
Happy Birthday Holland!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
In case of emergency, rest assured that we are in good hands.
We have the very capable Fireman Ben to rescue us.
Since Bennett discovered Fireman Sam we have been playing firefighter non-stop. Bennett even builds his own firetrucks using my robe, his bag of tools, his bag of blocks and every throw pillow in the house, as well as an array of stuffed animals.
And while he will use almost anything as a fire hose, he definitely prefers this hose to all others. How else would he put out the fire in the bush (as he frequently informs me)?
And not one to be left out, Holland can usually be found trying to be part of the action.
Bennett has finally agreed that maybe Holland can be Radar, the fire dog.