Thursday, July 24, 2008

11 Weeks

In the last 11 weeks Bennett has really changed. Some of my favorite things about him are:
  • He has this look when he gets a huge smile and his arms and his legs start flailing and you can tell that if he knew how to laugh he would be roaring.
  • Sometimes when he is asleep he lets out a little cry and gets the most pathetic face. (I think he is practicing his sad face for future use so he can get his way)
  • His receding hair line. He has tons of hair in the back, he's just balding in the front.
  • He often looks like he is contemplating something really deeply. He gets a serious look and even puts a finger to his chin as if he is lost in thought.
  • When he is finished eating he gets this drunk look on his face and arches his back and throws his arms up like he is having a good stretch.
  • He is more consistently sleeping for long stretches during the night. (He slept for 8.5 hours last night and I feel like a new woman!)
  • He puts up with the crazy things we make him do, like going in the pool, getting in the ocean, going to parks and so forth. Usually he doesn't complain and when he does he quickly falls asleep right after that.
  • When he is in the tub and moves his arms and legs he is shocked every time that the water splashes him. It's like a new discovering each and every time he bathes.
  • When he first gets up in the morning he is all smiles and coo's with each one. You would think we had left him for days with as happy as he is to see us in the morning.



6 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

He is just so cute. Thanks for the comments on my blog. Always fun to keep in touch that way!

Elder Richards said...

He is draling, he has become a person! I wish I could hold him and kiss him.....These babies live to far from me!

Elder Richards said...

darling....

Tori Mitchell said...

Oh my! He is the cutest thing ever. I can't believe how fast time goes by! Are you still planning a trip here this month? Our plans fell through for Christmas. I am way bummed. I miss you!

Juli said...

Babies are the best! And that is an awesome picture of Bennett =).

Rheanna said...

Mel-he is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!