Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Flying Again

Even though I swore I would never do it again, here I am having flown with him by myself. Lessons learned this go around include:
  • Despite your best efforts to avoid diaper leakage, it will happen and it will get all over you.

  • Next time, pack a change of clothes for yourself.

  • Older babies equal bigger babies that just can't quite get comfortable. Sleeping standing up is perfectly acceptable if he is comfortable.

  • Juice can cure all things.

Honestly, it really wasn't that bad. We both have slept well since he got here and Bennett is having a blast.

This is his new best friend. Not sure if it goes both ways.

And who can't help but love new superhero jammies and finding a marshmallow shooter in the back of the closet.

I think B is happy to be here, even if we did have to endure the plane rides alone.

10 comments:

Diane said...

AH, those are days that I remember. Flying by myself with the children in tow. So. Much. Fun. Really...or at least that is how I remember it now! You are terrific! I hope the two of you have a marvelous time together!

Adam and Bri said...

I can't believe how big Bennett is getting! What a cutie.

Nancy said...

I was thinking about you guys on that long flight! I am glad you made it in one piece. We miss you already. Love the Jammies and am so jealous of that open fire in the background. Curl up in a blanket next to it for me! See you soon!

Juli said...

Glad you guys made it =). Please tell me you're bringing those jammies back with you!--and the marshmallow shooter, if possible.

Say hi to your family for us!!

Kara said...

Wow, you are such a brave mom. He is getting so big. What a cutie!

Jill said...

Oh, the cuteness! LOVE the PJ's. I am glad you made it through. Flying with kids is definitely an adventure. Miss you!

ali said...

we totally understand the diaper leaking issues, sadly.

D Oesterle said...

You are amazing! We just got done traveling on a 3 week adventure...I'm glad it's over! Kai has those same jammies...so cute!!! Miss you guys, hope you're doing well!
-stormi

Jaclyn said...

Bennett looks so big. Your mom must be so happy to have you home.

Shandra and Christian said...

yes, the diaper seems to always leak on the plane! I'm glad you guys made it safely and are having a good time!