Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Could Scream This From The Mountains

First off, I am not one to post something of this nature; that is how happy I am. I just have to tell someone about this.

Bennett is a great kid, horrible teether. He is definitely not one of those kids that one day you simply notice he has a new tooth. We know that tooth is coming days/weeks before it makes its ugly appearance. Its arrival is accompanied by shortened or absent naps, waking during the night, long periods of crying without reason, an insane need to be by his mother, and general discontentment. My normally very happy boy is turned into a screaming monster. This in turn takes me to a place where patience is gone and I dream about the child I normally have, half convinced that he will never return.

A dear friend, that heard we were in the woes of another bout of teething, the molars proving to be the worst so far, brought me this little beauty:
This is what I know-his nap yesterday was 1.5 hours (teething naps usually last 20-45 minutes tops) and slept 12 hours through the night last night. For the first time in a week he woke up happy this morning and I could cry because this all makes me so happy. Two doses later and I am totally converted to this stuff! If a shipping strike does happen here, if nothing else, we will have this in our food storage.

7 comments:

Juli said...

Hallelujah!
Thanks for sharing your joy =).
Do they also happen to make anything for easing the Terrible Twos? Or potty training? Because that would be awesome.

ali said...

ooh sweet, I'll have to remember that!

Adam and Bri said...

oh, so glad it worked! yay for bennett. and yay for you!

Pauline said...

Wish I had something like that when Jason was teething. It was miserable!!!!

Audrey Seymour said...

Ahh French homeopathie! Why Am I laughing so hard??? Can I send your post around to prove my point to a few disbelievers?
:)

Shandra and Christian said...

Thanks for the tip! Glad you/Bennett are getting some sleep again. Poor little guy.

Drew and Stormi said...

I'm so glad you found something that works for little B and you! Hooray! Miss you guys!