Friday, July 24, 2009

Pretty much since Kevin's graduation he has been AWOL.

Ok, not completely AWOL, but we really only see him when he is sleeping and then he takes off for the day to study for the bar-he even goes to sleep at night studying in his mind a different subject every night. I have 5 more days till I have a husband again.

While it has been a long couple months, I have had a few things to do around here...


refinished a decorative birdhouse

roughly 30 loads of laundry


chased around dirty little hands in hopes to cut back on those 30 loads


spent hours weeding only to have the weeds grow back again the next day-curse the fertile land/weather here


watched B discover the world that is mischief
(this is only a slightly devious act-I assure you he has found much more interesting and dangerous adventures)

read so many books I can't even begin to remember them all


posted homemade signage to warn those who come knocking on my door

will see if it worked next week when the
Jehovah Witness' will surely make their weekly rounds


watched so, so, so many movies while doing projects at night
(this one is my current favorite-I have watched so many period pieces lately that I am starting to think and speak "British")


tried to teach Ben to help me,
but not in such a destructive manner...


...with my potted garden


finally got around to making the silhouette of B
I have been thinking about doing for months

and this wood is currently beckoning me to cut it up into small alphabet blocks to try to keep little hands busy

All in all,
it has been a productive summer,
but I will be happy to have
Kevin back again.

10 comments:

Amalie said...

that will be a happy day! My mom went through a British phase a little while ago, I really like that movie too! I wish I could remember the names of the others but there are some good ones out there!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I'm exhausted just reading your blog!? Cute projects! Love the birdhouse...silhouette pretty impressive (did you actually cut it out with scissors like they do at Disneyland?)...cute door signage, is it vinyl? You are so totally creative! I love that "B" (that is what we called and call Brennan) is such a little boy now!

Kara said...

What fun projects! I LOVE the silhouette. It is darling. And Wives and Daughters is one of my favs. Wish I was there, and I would watch it with you.

Juli said...

You're doing such a good job of making use of your time =).

Erin said...

You are very productive. Wow. I wish I could come be productive with you. Sounds fun.

Adam and Bri said...

you're so crafty! i'm v. v. impressed.

and good luck to kevin! we'll send very bar happy thoughts his way.

Audrey Seymour said...

WOW you little Martha Stewart! That's Awesome! You are wayyyy more productive than I am. You superwoman! Where is your cape?

Whitney Bennett said...

what are some of the websites for calorie counting you were talking about on my blog? I have been trying to find some and I am having troubles

Anonymous said...

I'm got exhausted just reading your blog!? Cute projects! Love the birdhouse. You are very productive.
___________________
Vince
Apply now Nation wide cash

faith said...

looks like a productive summer! good for you.