Saturday, April 18, 2009

Two Years

Almost four years ago, Kevin's family was having a work party on a holiday repainting the entire house. After hours of painting with no music things were getting a little monotonous and thus a game was born. Kevin and Chris started playing the game "I Bet You Haven't Thought of This in Two Years." They would go back and forth trying to find songs, TV shows, movies, anything that the other hadn't thought of. Now, these two can think some pretty random thoughts so it is not as easy as it might seem. This game has even gotten to the point that Kevin will still randomly call Chris with something he is sure Chris hasn't thought of recently. Here are some recent possibilities for the game:

1. Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
2. Slap Bracelets
3. Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
4. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Understand
5. Pogs

Some things are fun to remember, but some things are probably best left forgotten.

5 comments:

Juli said...

Maybe it's a demographic thing, but I've actually thought of both slap bracelets and Pogs within the last week!

And now I've got Pump Up the Jam stuck in my head. Thanks.

ali said...

I actually think of slap bracelets all of the time ;) But the other ones are winners!

Diane said...

The ONLY thing I can relate to on your post list...is POGS...and Briana and Kara each have a HUGE binder full of them. We actually thought they might be worth alot of money someday...or at least that was the excuse we used for collecting so many of them! Thanks for that little memory...I haven't thought about Pogs in years.

Erin said...

I actually break into "Parents Just Don't Understand" more than I am comfortable admitting.

Jaclyn said...

The pog reference was pretty random for me-- throw in a reference to biker shorts and high tops too...always makes me laugh.