Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Quick Trip

We have arrived home again, and while it was a great trip I think Bennett is happy to be home again. Even though I swore I would never fly with Bennett by myself again, he was a champ!

My grandmother's funeral service was wonderful. I am always amazed at how much you learn about a person at their funeral.
Everytime I go to Portland I am struck by how pretty all the trees are. Her cemetary has beautiful trees and wild purple flowers growing amongst the headstones.

I haven't seen my cousin Andrea for probably 4 years. Her hair has changed color and we were actually mistaken for each other! It was really nice to see her and the rest of the family.

It was really fun to see my dad with the rest of his family. I don't think everyone has been together since I was a little girl. My dad will always be the baby of his family, no matter how old he gets.
This is my dad's family at my grandmother's graveside. It was fun to see them all together.
It was really nice to have a chance to see my family also, even if some of them were missing. Bennett enjoyed the attention from everyone.
Is there a family resemblance? It is hard to tell with Kevin's coloring being so obvious.
Four generations of our family.
And while we were there, Bennett discovered toilet paper. Good thing he is too short to reach the roll at home!
It was a wonderful, but very quick trip. It was wonderful to see everyone, most of whom I haven't seen in years. With my grandparents having 5 children, 23 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren and 5 more of on the way, the family is growing quickly and it is hard to keep track of everyone!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Glad you had a good trip and time with your family. What a crazy month you have had.

Pauline said...

I am so glad you were with us Melanie (and Bennett too!). Your pictures turned out really nice. Thanks for posting them. Allison got some nice ones too. Love you1

Kara said...

Sounds like another happy funeral. I am so glad you were able to have such a sweet time with your family.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

What a crazy month you have had (or longer?!)but so glad you were able to be at this funeral too...hope you can enjoy some calm for a bit now!

Adam and Bri said...

welcome home! so glad it went well.

Diane said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound! How wonderful to be able to attend your grandmother's funeral. I know exactly how you are feeling as you experience the joy and togetherness with everyone--especially those you have not seen in a long while! Missing you and your cute family in Hong Kong!

Juli said...

I'm glad everything went so well =). And I'm glad you're back!