Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lessons Learned

If you plan a night out, something will come up.

If you set Bennett in his room and hurry you have just enough time to go to the bathroom before he catches up.When your stove is on the fritz (ie. grill will not turn off) cut the power from the breaker and refuse to cook.

Post-pregnancy hair will grow back right along your forehead and be curly so there is no hiding it. (On a side note, I only now understand what was going on with Katie Holmes' hair in her wedding pictures.)


While helping Grandpa ignore the fact that Bennett is eating the Cheerios Grandpa spilled straight from the floor.


Legs are wonderful to scale up. Babies will stand for treats.

That hubcap you think is looking is a little loose will fall off and unfortunately never in your own driveway.

Kevin is a young 29, right? Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

What a fun post! I smiled all the way through it.

And Happy Birthday, Kev!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!! Does that mean you guys were not able to go out tonight?? We can watch the boy anytime! Oh and I am so with you on that hair line growth! Mine is growing back, but is in that in between annoying stage!! Hope all is well!! We need to hang out xxx

Elder Richards said...

Happy B Day Kevin, Oh and the hair will never be the same, you saw it in NYC and then you hit menopause. Just give up :) I'm at Carli's we are having fun but my wallet was stollen today. BUMMER I have no money now :)

ty and megs said...

i hear ya on the post pregnancy hair. add it to the list of things that nobody told you would change postbaby. :)

Kara said...

That is a great post! Very valuable lessons, indeed.

Happy Birthday, Kevin!

The Merk-ster said...

amen about the baby hair. I'm getting mine cut today for that very reason.

Happy Birthday Kevin! I'm getting my hair cut for your gift. Want me to send you some in an envelope? :)

Erin said...

Glad you are learning such great life lessons.

Happy birthday Kevin!

Audrey Seymour said...

Joyeux Anniversaire Kevin!

I love your posts you're so funny!

Juli said...

How nice of Grandpa to share his snacks with Bennett =).

Amalie said...

hey i changed my blog website. it is now aolepilikia.blogspot.com