Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Did He Learn That?

Since Bennett learned to "crawl" he has been interested in the step we have in and out of what serves as his room. At first I used to get him away from it every time because I was afraid he would fall. Kevin's mom persuaded me to let him go to the edge to see what he would do. Every time he would go to the edge, look at it, and turn around. With this knowledge I haven't worried about the step and welcomed it as a barrier to more things I didn't want him getting in to.

Well today, I left him playing in the living room while I was cleaning in his room. I looked down and found him at my feet. I thought it was a fluke so I put him back in the living room and waited to see what would happen...



There was no hesitation, almost as if he has been doing this forever.

After getting over the excitement that he knew how to do go down the stair I resumed my cleaning, leaving him in his room since he didn't know how to get back up the step which would lead him to the rest of the house.

I could hear Bennett complaing about not being able to get up the stair to follow me, but about 10 minutes later I was loading laundry when I saw his little head come peaking around the corner.

Hoping it was a fluke I took him and put him in the family room again to see what would happen.


If he could learn all this in one day, what will tomorrow bring?

8 comments:

Chris said...

look, a little Houdini. Can he get out of hand cuffs too?

Erin said...

What a smart kid. Good genes I tell you.

JujuBean said...

I just let Emma watch Baby B. She's dying! What a cute little guy. Just wait until he starts to walk! New "adventures" around each corner . . . literally.

Kara said...

Haha! I love how in the first one, when he went down the step, he paused after he was done. Almost like, "Yeah, I did it. So?" Classic.

Audrey Seymour said...

no way! that is awesome! I love the facial expressions as well! How funny

Jill said...

It is amazing how quickly babies learn things. The surprises are so fun! Hooray for Bennett!

Jaclyn said...

Hope you've gotten some sleep-- you deserve it. That kid of yours sure is cute!

Juli said...

Hmmm... perhaps you could use this to your advantage and do stuff like have him help bring groceries in from the car on his back?