Monday, June 16, 2008

Poop, Poop and More...


My morning started like so many others-after countless times getting up throughout the night I brought Bennett to my bed in hopes that he might sleep for another hour, so that I might get some much needed shut eye. Being the good boy he is, he did sleep. Every so often I would hear him strain with gas, but this is so normal for him I thought little of it. After a little while he started to get fussy and I realized my sleeping was done. I picked him up and felt a wet spot on his back. As I lifted him higher I saw a yellow spot on my sheets and realized that his "gassy" fit had resulted in a full diaper blow out. As I inspected further poop had made its way up his back to his shoulders, down to his ankles, through the pj's, through the blanket he was wrapped in, to my sheets! Good morning Monday.

11 comments:

Jonathan said...

We have been there! It's almost like he is saying welcome to parenting! He is a sutie though.

Angi said...

oh mel! I feel for you. I know cleaning up pooh and being extra tired really don't mix well. I'm not sure we've ever had it that bad but our little girl sure has caught us off guard. :)

Jill said...

Uncle Shawn would be proud!

Juli said...

Time to break out the fire hose!

JujuBean said...

Each of our kids has done that. More than once. Thank heavens for washing machines and a little Clorox 2! He's so cute. We all can't wait to see you.

-- Brett and Julianne

Melanie said...

Duct taping his diaper never sounded so tempting!

ali said...

isn't poop awesome?!?!

I swear, he could be Axels blond twin brother! I can't wait to see what they both look like as they grow!!

Did you hear we are coming in October? it's set in stone, the tickets are paid for!

Melanie said...

Selfishly I am so glad Europe is off since now you guys are coming here. I can't even tell you how you guys have made my day!

Jaclyn said...

Love the guilty look on his wide-eyed face. Sorry for the mayhem. I think your friend is right - bring on the hose!

ty and megs said...

oh fun! mckinlay had her first blow out on the airplane right before take off. they wouldn't let us get up. gotta love it, right?

bennett is a doll! have fun with my mom this week! :)

Tori Mitchell said...

This will be one of your many poop stories! By time Bennet is Jaxs age you'll have a whole collection of them lol! I can't believe how cute and big he is! Are you still coming in Aug? We miss you!