Monday, June 30, 2008

If You Can't Take The Heat...

This is a post of pure complaint. I realize it is June, almost July, and it is therefore perfectly normal for it to be warm, but it is warm here year round and that usually is not a problem. The problem we are having is this-the winds have gone on vacation. It is 87 degrees here today with 60% humidity and NO BREEZE. The leaves on the trees are not rustling in the slightest and haven't now for days and according to all forecasts it doesn't look like they will be returning soon. So, what do you do when it is this hot? Seeing as we don't have air conditioning, you sit around like a bump on a log with all the fans blowing hoping you won't melt. You also try to figure out how to keep a baby cool in a house that is an oven and get him to eat! You envy everyone you know who has a job, and is currently at work in an air conditioned office. You ponder what cold feels like. Wait, was that a rustling of the leaves...too bad.

6 comments:

ali said...

not fun, especially the no air conditioning! I can't wait to see you guys!! I know that was off topic, but I'm so excited :)

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

Okay, open ALL the doors and windows, turn on all the ceiling fans, and remember, the tradewinds will return! Perhaps you might want to buy a portable oscilating type fan?...or go hang out at the Kailua pool?

Jill said...

Oh yes the good ol' Hawaii sticky days. Although the humidity can make a person look younger.

Juli said...

Yup. Yesterday was just plain icky. At 9 pm my Dad and I were standing out in the street hoping that cars would zoom past so that we could get some sort of air moving.
Today we're spending a leisurely time at the library, and certainly not because my kids need more books to read =).

Amalie said...

I know how you feel. this weekend when we were sitting still in our apartment with all windows open and two fans running we were still hot! my solution is to keep buying more fans until I create a wind tunnel in our apartment.

Jonathan said...

Your complaits have fallen on deaf ears. It 114 here in AZ, and I long for 87! Oh hold on, I need to turn the AC up its a little cool in the office......