Friday, June 5, 2009

If Only I Had A Camera

Earlier I noticed that water was dripping from our house under a bathroom that we don't use. I mentioned this to Kevin's mom today to get her opinion and we set about trying to see what the problem was. We decided that we should shut off the water to the toilet and wait for someone else to come look at it. Try as we did, we couldn't get the valve to turn off. 

Lucky Kevin happened to stop by home right about then, so we marched him into the bathroom to turn off the valve. Bennett, of course, wanted in on all the action, so I took him out of there and shut the door behind me to keep him out. 

I could hear Kevin and his mom talking back and forth, with lines such as 'It seems like there is more water coming out,' 'Are we turning it the right way?' 'What about this piping here?' Then I heard a noise that sounded an awful lot like rushing water coming from the bathroom. I went to see what was going on, and as I turned the corner the bathroom door swung open, Kevin's mom rushed out followed closely by Kevin as water shot up to the ceiling in the bathroom. 

Kevin quickly crawled under the house to shut off the water while we tried to control the geyser with mere towels. Several hours and phone calls later, I am waiting for the emergency plumber to come deal with my geyser and restore water to the house!

It was one of those things that even in the moment, it was still pretty darn funny, and if only I had a camera on their faces when that door swung open.

7 comments:

Shandra and Christian said...

That would have been fun to see. :) But sorry about the mess!

Adam and Bri said...

A camera would have been awesome, indeed. :)

Good luck with everything!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I am so sorry about your plumbing emergency...but on the other hand, it did make me chuckle to picture the sequence of events in my head!? Hope it is solved quickly!

Juli said...

Savor the mental picture =).
And, next time, before you call a plumber have Jeff come take a look at it. He's significantly cheaper and doesn't show nearly as much crack.

Tori Mitchell said...

LOL, I could just see it. In our first apt. our house flooded from the celiing down into my kitchen. At the time it didn't seem so funny, but now, even as I write this I am laughing about it!!!!

Kara said...

Goodness! That would have been priceless!

Pauline said...

That was my laugh for the day!!!!