Monday, September 19, 2011

My Official Welcome

 Before you have a boy everyone tells you about all the crazy things boys do and the multiple trips to the ER for various injuries. For almost three and a half years I have been pretty lucky. Sure, Bennett is a boy and does things that aren't the smartest (for instance last week he fell head first off of his toy buggy which I had told him repeatedly not to get on top of), but he has never managed to really hurt himself...until last weekend.


This past Saturday I received my official welcome to being the mother of a boy and he officially got his first battle wound. He wasn't even doing anything crazy-just slipped coming out of the shower.

He was a real sport about it all. He didn't want to go to the doctor at all, but once we were there he was wonderful. He held perfectly still through the multiple shots to numb him and the stitches. Despite his good behavior, I hope not to make any return trips any time soon.

Now if I can just convince him to try to keep this dry or wear a band-aid on it...
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Abi could not stop talking about it after church! She had to tell me everything that happened to him! Hope it heals quick!

Shandra said...

I'm sure I will be joining the club very soon too! Bennett looks so tough with his battle wound. :)

Jill said...

Poor little guy. Seth became a member a while ago and it's just a matter of time for Sammy. Hugs Mr. B!

Erin said...

Oh no! He looks so brave in that picture. Hope he is feeling okay now.

ali said...

ugh-- emergency room.