Friday, February 4, 2011

A "Special Date"

  For over a week Bennett and I planned on letting Holland have a little bonding time with Grandma while we went on a "special date" to...




CARNIVAL!!!


First on Bennett's agenda was the rides; specifically the "dragon" ride he had been eying from the street for the past week. He kept asking me if Hiccup was going to be there and I think he was a little disappointed at my failure to arrange an appearance.



As much as Bennett loved all the rides, I think his favorite was the helicopters. He kept telling me he wanted to touch the sky and while we were on the ride he had such a look of wonder.


Of course, there had to be cotton candy and cheap carnival prizes.

All in all it was a great "special date."


***Bennett has been referring to it as our special date since I first mentioned us going. I hope he thought it was special.***

10 comments:

ty and megs said...

mark my words one day i WILL take my family to the punahou carnival! ty's been hearing about it for years, he need to experience it! i know he doesn't appreciate the awesomeness from my descriptions.

The Nelsons said...

That looks so fun!! I want to live in Hawaii. ;-) And it looks very special, too. I'm sure he thought it was. <3

Kara said...

Oh my, so cute! Hope you had a malasada for me.

ali said...

I think I could die of cuteness. One of these days, we are coming to the punahou carnival!

Shandra said...

He looked so happy! You are such a good mommy.

Adam and Bri said...

is it ok if i'm equally as happy for you as i am jealous? :)

so fun!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

i so remember these same carnival dates with my kids...meat sticks, malasadas and fun!

Jaz said...

new follower! pls follow back :)
www.mylittlepumpkin808.blogspot.com

we live in Ewa! small world!

Jaclyn said...

This is super cute Mel. I can't believe how big Bennett is getting.

Claire said...

That's really cute. You guys look so wonderful. I can't believe how big he is now. Wow, it's been a long time.