Friday, July 2, 2010

Final Verdict Please

The question being put forth to you today is...

Is this the face of a neat freak in the making?

Here is the evidence to support such accusations:

  1. Despite his obvious male gender, he cannot stand his hands to be dirty and will repeatedly ask for a towel or wipe until said hands have been wiped clean.
  2. Unlike most kids, he cannot simply throw his trash on the ground and continue on his way. He will repeatedly ask you to take his trash, or if a can is convenient, place it there himself.
  3. He has an obsession with mops and brooms. He is excited when there are crumbs on the floor and will return shortly with a broom and dustpan and painstakingly try to sweep them up. He also enjoys a good spill and will return with a towel to clean it up.
  4. He has started asking for baby powder with his diaper changes. I think he likes that extra dry feeling. He also asks to use deodorant quite often.
  5. He uses wipes to wipe down everything in our house. I often wonder if I need to mop or do wipes do a good enough job.
  6. Upon exiting a store it is not uncommon for him to ask for hand sanitizer. He is two.
And for evidence against such accusations:

  1. He is two. This stage will pass.


We will let you be the judge.

12 comments:

Juli said...

Well, if we're being perfectly honest here, he does a better job sweeping my kitchen than I do. I kind of hope this cleaning fetish sticks--I could use the help!

Adam and Bri said...

Bennett being a neat freak is quite possible the most adorable thing. Ever.

Drew and Stormi said...

Oh my gosh Melanie...Kai seriously does 5/6 of those things! I mostly blame it on myself for being an organized neat freak and he just follows/copys me! Too funny!

Elder Richards said...

Just pray he wil be as tidy when he is a teenager. Brandon claims to be OCD. I tell him that is a mothers dream! No he is not OCD. None of my kids are.

Erin said...

This cracks. me. up. I am going to bet it sticks. It will be very fun to see how this goes.

Jonathan said...

That is funny. It should make it easier to potty train him. One accident and he will remember to go to the toilet from there after. At least that is what happened to Gabe.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I say, enjoy it!

ali said...

yeah-- count your blessings, and lets hope it continues lest he become like one of ours!!

cassidy said...

I love that he wants hand sanitizer after the store! Hilarious.

Amalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amalie said...

O.M.G., someone is working too much! (hint: not me!)

Juli said...

Holy Moly, Nick!!! Too stinking funny!