Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On My Mind

I have had several different thoughts lately for blog posts and rather than write several posts here are some snippets:
  • I have been following the Nie Nie Dialogues for almost two months now. I wish that I had run into this blog sooner because she has been so inspiring. I have been also reading her sister's blog, C Jane Enjoy It, for updates and hope Nie Nie recovers well. I don't think I have ever been so concerned for someone I didn't know.
  • I have made a pact with myself that when I am not grossly pregnant or toting around a baby carrier, I will park far away from the door of any place that I am going. I have had several times since being pregnant, and then after having Bennett, that I have been waiting for a spot closer to the door with blinker on, only to have a car with a younger male pull into the spot before I could. Now, should this male have some sort of walking impediment I would feel much better about them stealing my spot, but seeing as so far none of them has had a problem walking, PARK FARTHER AWAY!!!
  • I recently discovered the calming powers of a nice scalding bath after a long day. I guess I am a little slow on this one.
  • I have decided to change my blog to allow anonymous comments. I know of a few people that aren't members of blogger and therefore can't leave comments--please leave your name though so I know who this is. (Speaking of commenting--I am sure there is a reason but why do we have the letter verification to leave a post and why must it be IMPOSSIBLE to read sometimes.)
  • Google Reader is my friend. I love it! I love that it tells me all the newest blog posts. I love that I don't have to check all the blogs I enjoy--Google Reader brings all my reading enjoyment right to my computer screen with only one click! Those Google people are genius! (I am sure it is Kevin's enemy since I am often found reading blogs now that I have found this good friend.)
  • Another impending Thanksgiving means another scrapbook has begun. I pulled out the supplies and started our yearly Gratitude Book--the only scrapbook I allow myself to make (it can consume your life, so for this reason I have decided to limit myself). Already I see this is the beginning of the craft table sitting in the middle of our room for the next month and a half, while I feverishly try to get this finished before Thanksgiving. Traditions, once you start them they are hard to break.

Speaking of scrapbooks, the tables ominous presence in the middle of the room is calling to me...

6 comments:

Chris said...

I never comment and when I do my comments are typically boring, but useful. That disclaimer out of the way.
1. You can remove the word verification for the comment form.
(Customize->Settings->Comments->"Show word verification for comments"->No)

2. With Google Reader, you can add your favorite comics (or 30) to show up everyday. If there is a comic you like but can't find, let me know. I can probably make a fancy widget to accommodate your craving.

Juli said...

You know, I seldom have problems finding parking, but I think it's because I covet different parking stalls than most people do: I aim for the ones right next to the cart return. I realize that this may not be the wisest choice as far as dings and scratches go (although i haven't really had a problem with this, to be honest), but, really, I drive a well-loved mini-van and have a bunch of kids. I don't care. As far as walking time goes, my parking choice makes perfect sense. After all, what's the point in parking near the front of the store if, after unloading your purchases, you then have to walk another 50 feet to get rid of your cart and then walk back to your car?

Anywho, looking forward to your scrapbook!!

ali said...

I hate those word verification things. I think that they come on automatically.

Miss you :)

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

yes, i love google reader too...thanks for introducing me to it!

faith said...

i love google reader. google's taking over the world - and i don't think i care.
the word verification prevents spam comments. i've seen some on other people's blogs before (never had any on mine, but then i use the word verification).

Emily Young said...

Becuase you made a comment on your blog about being cocerned about someone you don't even know except via a blog, I feel that I can make a comment on your blog without seeming too shady. I went to high school with the Richards and stubmled onto your blog through one of theirs, and I have to say that I've really enjoyed reading it!

We found out a few motnhs ago that on account of my husband's job we'll be moving to Ohau, and I found it slightly ironic that the only person I know there isn't someone I know, rather someone I know OF simply from the magic of hyperlinked blogs.

Also, one out of three times I have to enter the word verification more than once becuase I can't read the silly warped letters.

~Emily